mahram? Taql
Sulma Badrudduja Sunday, March 7, 2010
Blueprints Of A Remington 870
Question: I have three half brothers (who share the same father), but they are very similar to my own brothers integers. Not distinguished by being different. At present they are very young, but I wondered if my mahrams considered once they reach puberty?
Answer: I hope this finds you the best of states. Middle
brothers, who share a parent with you are your maharim (family tireless, pl. In mahram). This being the case, you should not see them full hijab that you stand in front of non mahram.
Allah the Almighty says in the Qur'an,
"Forbidden to you are your mothers, your daughters, sisters and brothers and sisters from his father and his mother, his brother and his daughters and the daughters of his sister and her adoptive mother, and his foster sisters, and mothers in law, and stepdaughters who are under their protection (born) of his wife, whom you have entered - but if you have not come to them, then it is no sin for you (to marry their daughters) - and women their children, who (spring) from your own loins. Y (I have forbidden) that I have two sisters together, except what has already happened (of that nature) in the past. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful . [4:23] "
This verse is the basis for decisions about who is a mahram. Tireless family can be divided into three categories: (1) those related by blood [s: half of the brothers would fall here], (2) those related to marriage, (3) and those related to breastfeeding. [Al-Imam al-Kasani, Bada'i Sana'i `al-`]
Please see this answer for details.
Wassalam, Sulma
Badrudduja
Reviewed and Approved by Faraz Rabbani
http: / / seekersguidance.org/ans-blog/2010/03/01/are-my-half-brothers-unmarriageable-kin-mahram /
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment